Solar Power Rebates from
Central Georgia EMC
Save on electricity cost every year with your own solar energy system!
And save now on the installation of a qualifying photovoltaic (PV) system. Receive a $450.00 rebate for each kilowatt of capacity installed.
Central Georgia EMC Photovoltaic (PV) Rebate Program
Central EMC has long encouraged and supported the wise and efficient use of electricity. CGEMC also supports the proper application and use of reliable renewable energy technologies. To help encourage the adoption of these proven resources, CGEMC is offering a rebate to help make installing and generating electricity from photovoltaic systems more affordable for you.
If a residential CGEMC member chooses to install a qualifying photovoltaic system on their home, the rebate is designed to help offset a portion of the initial installation cost of the system. Members who qualify for the program are eligible to receive a one-time rebate of $450.00 per kilowatt (kW) of capacity installed, up to 10 kW.
What photovoltaic systems qualify for a rebate?
- The photovoltaic system must come with a minimum five-year warranty against breakdown or unusual degradation.
- The photovoltaic system must be installed by a licensed contractor.
- The photovoltaic system must be installed in accordance with all applicable building and national electric codes.
- The photovoltaic system must be interconnected to the Central Georgia EMC power distribution system with approved interconnection equipment and devices.
How to receive your rebate
- You must be a residential consumer receiving your electric service from Central Georgia EMC.
- Review the Central Georgia EMC Distributed Generation Policy (pdf).
- Complete, submit and comply with Photovoltaic Rebate Application.
- Complete and submit DGF Interconnection Application.
- Complete, submit and comply with terms of DGF Interconnection Agreement.
- Install a qualifying photovoltaic system and the required interconnection equipment and devices.
- Interconnect your photovoltaic system to the Central Georgia EMC electric system with a net meter.
- You will be billed using the Net Metering Rate Rider NM-1.
- You will receive a rebate from Central Georgia EMC.
- Members who receive a rebate will also receive a 1099 statement for the rebate amount from Central Georgia EMC at the end of the year.
Note: The photovoltaic rebate program began on June 1, 2008. Central Georgia EMC reserves the right to modify or cancel the program at any time without prior notification. Rebate is limited to 10 kW per household.
To receive more information on the Photovoltaic Rebate Application, please call:
or email us at:
Notice: - It is understood and agreed that Central Georgia EMC is simply offering a rebate as a partial offset of the initial cost of installing a PV system to those members who choose to install a PV system on their premises. Central Georgia EMC does not endorse or promote a specific PV manufacturer or installer and provides information strictly as a public service to its members. Participant may not receive more than one incentive from Central Georgia EMC on any new system installation; Any incentives paid in the program may be taxable; Participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless and release Central Georgia EMC and its affiliates from any actions or claims in regards to the installation, operation and/or disposal of equipment (and related materials ) including liability from any incidental or consequential damages.