Central Georgia Electric Membership Corporation is a not-for-profit electric corporation serving members in the following counties: Bibb, Butts, Clayton, Fayette, Henry, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Monroe, Morgan, Newton, Pike, Putnam, and Spalding counties.
Every year, customers elect 2-3 directors for three-year terms. Customers participate in major decisions and run the corporation through the Board of Directors. CGEMC customers elect directors at the Annual Meeting, which is usually held the first Wednesday of each August.
With CGEMC you have the benefit of:
- One of the largest EMCs in Georgia.
- A modernized electric distribution system providing highly reliable electric service.
- A professional staff in a central geographic office location to serve you.
- We also have a night deposit box for after-hours payments at our office.
- To save gas and postage you can access and pay your account over the phone or on the internet.
- You can apply for service by making a written application and paying a $5 membership fee. Based on your credit score, a security deposit may be required.