Existing Home Rebates
Central Georgia EMC has energy efficiency rebates to help our customer-owners save energy while improving their home's comfort level.
Electric Heat Pump Replacement
- *$400 rebate for conversion from a natural gas furnace to an Energy Star® rated total electric heat pump (15 SEER or greater) or VRF system.
- *$400 rebate for replacing existing heat pump or electric furnace with an Energy Star® rated total electric heat pump (15 SEER or greater) or VRF conversion/add on.
Water Heater Upgrades
- *$100 rebate for conversion from gas to electric storage water heater, 40 gallons or greater.
- *$100 rebate for replacement of existing electric storage water heater, 40 gallons or greater.
Qualifications for Heat Pump and Water Heater Rebates
- Existing residential customers qualify for rebates.
- Maximum one HVAC rebate and one water heater rebate per member number per year.
- Customer must consent to have a load management switch installed on qualifying equipment before the rebate can be processed. The load management switch must remain on equipment and in operating status as long as CGEMC has a load management program.
- The customer must use a certified company/installer that complies with all local, state, and federal codes and standards.
- A water heater invoice or receipt is required to process a Water Heater rebate.
- An Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate and invoice must be received with rebate paperwork for a Heat Pump Rebate.
- Upgraded measures must be inspected and verified by a Central Georgia EMC representative.
- Rebates are subject to change without notice.