Solar Power Rebates from Central Georgia EMC
One time rebate of $450 per kW AC, up to 10 KW AC.
- You must be a residential consumer receiving your electric service from Central Georgia EMC.
- The photovoltaic system must be installed by a licensed contractor.
- The photovoltaic system must be installed in accordance with all applicable building and national electric codes.
- The photovoltaic system must be interconnected to the Central Georgia EMC power distribution system with approved interconnection equipment and devices.
- The photovoltaic system must come with a minimum five-year warranty against breakdown or unusual degradation.
- Download and review the Distributed Generation Policy.
- Submit the following to Central Georgia EMC at least forty-five (45) days prior to intended interconnect date.
- Application for Interconnection of Distributed Generation Facility (DGF)-Appendix A of Distributed Generation Policy
- $100 application fee
- DGF Interconnection Agreement -Appendix B of Distributed Generation Policy
- Photovoltaic Rebate Application
- A representative from Central Georgia EMC will review the Application and notify the prospective customer-generator within thirty (30) days if the Application is approved or not approved.
- The rebate will be processed after written authorization from CGEMC has been given to begin parallel operation of the DGF.
Note: The photovoltaic rebate program began on June 1, 2008. Central Georgia EMC reserves the right to modify or cancel the program at any time without prior notification. Rebate is limited to 10 kW AC per household.
To receive more information on the Photovoltaic Rebate Application, please contact us by email or phone us at 770-775-7857.
Notice: – It is understood and agreed that Central Georgia EMC is simply offering a rebate as a partial offset of the initial cost of installing a PV system to those members who choose to install a PV system on their premises. Central Georgia EMC does not endorse or promote a specific PV manufacturer or installer and provides information strictly as a public service to its members. A participant may not receive more than one incentive from Central Georgia EMC on any new system installation; Any incentives paid in the program may be taxable; Participants agree to indemnify, hold harmless and release Central Georgia EMC and its affiliates from any actions or claims in regards to the installation, operation and/or disposal of equipment (and related materials ) including liability from any incidental or consequential damages.